According to Lucky Magazine's article, "10 Trends We Can't Wait to Wear in 2013", these will be 2013's hottest trends. Here's what I think..
1. Bold Stripes. The black and white version is a little too jailbird-ish to me, but vertical stripes can be slimming-- and I'm all for that.
2. Romantic Ruffles. Lucky referred to this trend as "feline, flirty, and frilly". I personally refer to ruffles as annoying.
3. The New Le Smoking. Clearly I'm not a fashion expert because I had no idea what the hell "le smoking" referred to. For those of you who don't know, here you go. Anyway, hasn't this been trendy for a while now? I love blazers!
4. Fancy Flats. Oh I am SO excited about this one! I think I've been rocking this one since 2008-ish even if it wasn't stylish. Stilettos may be sexier but flats definitely win when it comes to comfort.
5. The Drop-Waist Dress. I'm a bit pissed off about this one. It's meant for incredibly tiny stick-figure-ish people unless you wear a baggy version... which looks like a potato sack.
6. Crazy Shades. I've already seen some of this out and about.. and I just can't take it seriously. Someone tell me.. Is this a joke?
7. Chokers. I'm pretty excited about this one. I rocked chokers in the '90's and now that I've got a bit more style sense under my belt, I'm excited to do it again!
8. Bright Leather. This one can get a bit tricky in my opinion. And expensive. If real leather isn't used, it's likely that you'll end up looking like you're dressed in a cheap costume. Fashionistas, beware.
9. Boudoir Beautiful. Think 50 Shades of Grey.. on the runway. This sexy look has been around for forever and you may see it around even more in 2013.
10. Baggy Bermudas. Whether you like the look of these boyish shorts or not, you have to admit that they sure do look comfy. Think boyfriend jeans.. but shorts.
So what do you think? Which of these trends will you try next year?